Senior Self Contained Apartments
Heart River Housing manages 144 senior self-contained units in 11 communities.
These units consist mainly of bachelor and one bedroom units. A fridge, stove, heat, water and garbage removal are included in the rent. There are additional fees for cable/satellite, telephone, electricity and parking. Laundry facilities are available on site. As per Social Housing Accommodation Regulation 244/1994, monthly rent is calculated at 30% of a tenant's gross monthly. Income and rental rates are reviewed annually.
Services, such as housekeeping, meal preparation, and help with medications are not provided. Tenants must be able to live independently or have their own support services in place.
- Rent is based on 30% of gross total combined household income.
- Heat, water, waste removal and sewer costs are included in the rent.
- Electricity costs will be charged to the tenant.
- Household incomes and circumstances are reviewed annually by HRH to determine continued
eligibility and the rent amount for the coming year.
- Tenants are responsible for advising HRH of income changes and changes in household composition,
throughout the year.
How to Apply
You may download and print an application form by clicking on the link below. Please complete the application and submit it to the Heart River Housing Site Manager at one of the locations shown above.
- Individuals must be 65 years of age or older; or may be less than 65 years of age with special circumstances appropriate to the social housing accommodation for which application is being made.
- All individuals must be Canadian Citizens or have landed immigrant status.
- All individuals must be functionally independent.